Recently, Wet and Wild sent me some of their Megalast nail polishes to try out and use for some nail art. Here’s a quick look at the colors they sent me below…
Starting left to right: Break the Ice– a very shimmery sheer white polish with a sparkly sheen, Through the Grape Vine– a vibrant deep like purple with pink undertone, I Red a Good Book– a solid bright and beautiful red, and Bite the Bullet– a solid creme mauve, I Need a Refresh-mint– a creme and solid mint
I really like this line a lot more especially compared to the regular Wet and Wild nail polishes. The formula seems thicker and with a completely redesigned brush for smooth application. Polish has very good coverage and the brush helps with fluid application.
So for this Mani Monday I decided to use 2 of my favorites out of the ones they sent me to do a quick and simple ikat mani. The ikat nail art design is not anything new, I first attempted this design over a year ago after being inspired by a picture on Pinterest but I often repeat this look when I want to something quick on my nails as it requires no special nail art tools and you don’t have to worry about it having perfect lines!
- Prep your nails with base coat.
- Apply 1st choice nail polish color. I used “I Need a Refresh-mint” for my base color.
- Let it dry completely.
- Paint on blobs with the 2nd color of your choice. I used “Through the Grapevine” for the blobs.
- Let the blobs dry and add a smaller blob of white in the middle. These blobs don’t have to look any particular way so don’t worry about them too much 😉
- Take black nail art striper polish and dabble quick little strokes into thin lines surrounding your blobs. You can accent your white centers a little too.
- Apply top coat and tadaa! You have a super easy ikat mani 🙂
Keep in mind there are alot of different methods out there, feel free to experiment and just do what works best for you!
Disclaimer: These polishes were sent to me by Wet & Wild’s PR representative for my honest opinion.