Recently, Pure Ice was kind enough to send me some more terrific glitter polishes perfect for 4th of July nail art- Dazzle Me– a silver glitter polish packed with holographic silver glitters, Wide Awake– a beautiful turquoise micro fine glitter polish and Freedom– a red, blue and star glitter filled polish. . .
Some macro swatches just to show you how packed with glitter these polishes are!
So for this Mani Monday I did a very easy glitter gradient using these polishes. I got alot of compliments on these nails this weekend- a lot of people even asked me “where did you get those glitter nail wraps?”. I think they look very smooth like nail wraps because of the way these particular glitter polishes transferred over almost like a sticker when I applied them to my triangular makeup sponge end.
To achieve this fun glitter look:
- I first prepped my nails with a base coat and then applied one light coat of Dazzle Me.
- Next, while the coat of Dazzle Me dried, I took the end of my triangular makeup sponge and applied a line of Dazzle Me, Wide Awake and Freedom. You can adjust the width of the layers based on how long your nails are. Right now my nails are super short so I did very thin layers. . .
- Press the sponge gently lining it up to your nail shape and viola the glitter should transfer over just like that! Pretty much all the glitter transfers over almost like a sticker in one fluid press.
- Repeat for all your nails. You can keep using the same sponge.
- After you complete the first sponging transfer, repeat again for more glittery look. I only did it 2 times but I think 3 times would make a super glitter look!
- Top it off to seal all the glitters with a really good top coat and you are done!
You can see my photo step by step tutorial to be featured on BudgetBabe.
I really like these glitter polishes. They dried very quickly and smooth. I always find that Pure Ice polishes are ideal for nail art because they are so affordable allowing you to experiment endless possibilities when coming up with designs and ideas.
Happy 4th of July!
Pure Ice nail enamels are available through www.pureicecosmetics.com and Walmart stores nationwide.
Twitter (@OfficialPureIce) and Instagram. Join the conversation by using the hashtag #PureIce
Disclaimer: These polishes were sent to me by Pure Ice’s PR representative for my honest opinion.
Helllllllllo Summer!! So summer has officially begun with some scorching temperatures over here and I wanted to do a hot summer nail design with some of my Floss Gloss polishes!!
So I started off with a hot neon gradient using Fast Lane– the neon orange color- and Con Limon over a white base. I then applied Stun on the sides to make a quick geometric effect completed with a Stun accent nail the look is done! The great thing about this gold glitter polish is that the formula is very glitterific and smooth! I only applied 2 coats on my accent nail. . . Look at this macro shot I took- can you just see all the amazing holo gold glitters packed in there?! It’s hard to believe that its only 2 coats but I kid you not!
Here’s another look at my mani in a different light. . .
Floss Gloss Pro Nail Lacquer is cruelty free and formulated without DBPs, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin. Floss Gloss Ltd is Designed and Made in the USA. $8 per bottle
What girl doesn’t love flowers? Flowers have the power to brighten someone’s day. I have different favorite flowers for different moods but one of my favorite flowers is the Orchid. The simplicity of the flower itself combined with Mother Nature’s gradient of colors is just so beautiful! My husband always gets me flowers despite knowing full well I am not blessed with the “Green Thumb”. Recently, I’ve been trying to improve my plant growing skills because it is the most depressing thing to kill every plant like some sort of plant serial killer 😦 I was so happy to see that my orchid plant which I got from him back in Valentine’s Day is thriving!! I had 11 buds form and to my surprise they have begin opening up the last couple days! I am ridiculously overjoyed! This is monumental because it is the FIRST plant that has survived my wrath!!
So I came up with a simple and quick Orchid inspired mani to celebrate.
I achieved the gradient or ombre using these colors:
- FlossGloss “Perf”: A pretty barbie pink which has quickly become my new favorite pink!
- Essie “Bottle Service”: One of my favorites from Essie’s Neon Collection this year, its a fun hot pink!
- Essie “DJ Play that Song”: A unique and vibrant neon purple also from Essie’s Neon Collection this year
I topped it off with a glitter polish I made that I am currently testing out.
Have you ever done a mani or nail art inspired from your favorite flowers? And random but look it also matches my pink glitter iphone case from JCrew!