Freedom’s natal day is here.
Fire the guns and shout for freedom,
See the flag above unfurled!
Hail the stars and stripes forever,
Dearest flag in all the world.
~Florence A. Jones
It’s 4th of July today which for us proud Americans means we celebrate our Independence Day with our loved ones and friends!! I love our beautiful flag and everything it stand for: freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness 🙂 So did another patriotic mani for today! I also did a different look on a previous post which is a faster alternative to have some red and white and blue here.
To achieve this look:
- Prepare nails with a base coat. Apply Sally Hansen Xtreme White On on thumb,middle finger and pinky- or the nails you wanna do striping.
- I did a glitter accent nail using one coat of Revlon Silver Dollar topped with 2 coats Hard Candy’s Celebrate the Sequins.
- For the stars accent finger, I used Essie’s Midnight Cami and did some star glitter placement using top coat as a glue.
- I cut nail art striping tape into 6 pieces per nail and placed it over the white nails diagonally- spacing them as evenly as possible. I painted in the stripes with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Red Carpet and remove the tape before the polish dries.
- Top it off with topcoat and viola!
Hope everyone has a Happy Independence Day!!
Recently, Pure Ice was kind enough to send me some more terrific glitter polishes perfect for 4th of July nail art- Dazzle Me– a silver glitter polish packed with holographic silver glitters, Wide Awake– a beautiful turquoise micro fine glitter polish and Freedom– a red, blue and star glitter filled polish. . .
Some macro swatches just to show you how packed with glitter these polishes are!
So for this Mani Monday I did a very easy glitter gradient using these polishes. I got alot of compliments on these nails this weekend- a lot of people even asked me “where did you get those glitter nail wraps?”. I think they look very smooth like nail wraps because of the way these particular glitter polishes transferred over almost like a sticker when I applied them to my triangular makeup sponge end.
To achieve this fun glitter look:
- I first prepped my nails with a base coat and then applied one light coat of Dazzle Me.
- Next, while the coat of Dazzle Me dried, I took the end of my triangular makeup sponge and applied a line of Dazzle Me, Wide Awake and Freedom. You can adjust the width of the layers based on how long your nails are. Right now my nails are super short so I did very thin layers. . .
- Press the sponge gently lining it up to your nail shape and viola the glitter should transfer over just like that! Pretty much all the glitter transfers over almost like a sticker in one fluid press.
- Repeat for all your nails. You can keep using the same sponge.
- After you complete the first sponging transfer, repeat again for more glittery look. I only did it 2 times but I think 3 times would make a super glitter look!
- Top it off to seal all the glitters with a really good top coat and you are done!
You can see my photo step by step tutorial to be featured on BudgetBabe.
I really like these glitter polishes. They dried very quickly and smooth. I always find that Pure Ice polishes are ideal for nail art because they are so affordable allowing you to experiment endless possibilities when coming up with designs and ideas.
Happy 4th of July!
Pure Ice nail enamels are available through www.pureicecosmetics.com and Walmart stores nationwide.
Twitter (@OfficialPureIce) and Instagram. Join the conversation by using the hashtag #PureIce
Disclaimer: These polishes were sent to me by Pure Ice’s PR representative for my honest opinion.