As summer is winding down I have been super busy with my toddler and overjoyed with SUPER exciting news I’m pregnant – hence the little break and lack of updates! I will continue posting but not as frequently as I was before but I will try my best to update at least once a week and look into some new pregnancy safe polishes and such!
So recently, the people at Sally Hansen were kind enough to send me some of their Complete Manicure Nail polishes which I have actually LOVE using in the past for nail art. I really find that the formula in the Complete Manicure line only requires 2 coats for excellent coverage and color. The colors I used for this week’s Mani Monday are “Please Sea Me” a beautiful turquoise deep blue creme color and “Girly Party” a unique rose gold metallic. I combined these two colors to achieve a turquoise stone look that was inspired from a vintage bracelet I have. My pictorial featured on thebudgetbabe for step by step photos but to achieve this look all you need is bubble wrap!
- Prep your nails as usual with a base coat.
- Apply 2 coats of Please Sea Me the lovely turquoise color and let it dry
- Grab a small piece of bubble wrap and dabble on Girly Party
- You can control how much of the metallic effect you want because the bubbles of the bubble wrap add a nice cushion as you dabble on
- Let it dry and top it off with top coat and you are done!
This look is super easy and mess free! It is similar to Saran Wrap method but I find that bubble wrap allows for less mess and better control of how much color you want. I have done this bubble wrap mani before using several colors for a more textured and abstract look so the possibilities are endless when it comes to colors!
Disclaimer: These polishes were sent to me by Sally Hansen’s PR representative for my honest opinion and use.