Recently, Pure Ice was kind enough to send me some more terrific glitter polishes perfect for 4th of July nail art- Dazzle Me– a silver glitter polish packed with holographic silver glitters, Wide Awake– a beautiful turquoise micro fine glitter polish and Freedom– a red, blue and star glitter filled polish. . .
Some macro swatches just to show you how packed with glitter these polishes are!
So for this Mani Monday I did a very easy glitter gradient using these polishes. I got alot of compliments on these nails this weekend- a lot of people even asked me “where did you get those glitter nail wraps?”. I think they look very smooth like nail wraps because of the way these particular glitter polishes transferred over almost like a sticker when I applied them to my triangular makeup sponge end.
To achieve this fun glitter look:
- I first prepped my nails with a base coat and then applied one light coat of Dazzle Me.
- Next, while the coat of Dazzle Me dried, I took the end of my triangular makeup sponge and applied a line of Dazzle Me, Wide Awake and Freedom. You can adjust the width of the layers based on how long your nails are. Right now my nails are super short so I did very thin layers. . .
- Press the sponge gently lining it up to your nail shape and viola the glitter should transfer over just like that! Pretty much all the glitter transfers over almost like a sticker in one fluid press.
- Repeat for all your nails. You can keep using the same sponge.
- After you complete the first sponging transfer, repeat again for more glittery look. I only did it 2 times but I think 3 times would make a super glitter look!
- Top it off to seal all the glitters with a really good top coat and you are done!
I really like these glitter polishes. They dried very quickly and smooth. I always find that Pure Ice polishes are ideal for nail art because they are so affordable allowing you to experiment endless possibilities when coming up with designs and ideas.
Happy 4th of July!
Pure Ice nail enamels are available through www.pureicecosmetics.com and Walmart stores nationwide.
Twitter (@OfficialPureIce) and Instagram. Join the conversation by using the hashtag #PureIce
Disclaimer: These polishes were sent to me by Pure Ice’s PR representative for my honest opinion.