So it’s officially Memorial Day and I hope everyone is enjoying the long holiday weekend! For my out of country readers, Memorial Day is a US holiday celebrated annually on the last Monday of May. It’s a day to honor and remember those who served in the US forces.
As beautiful American flags proudly wave as they catch the shoreline breeze over here and I am surrounded by red, white and blue, stars and stripes- it is impossible not to feel patriotic as we honor our American heroes!
The folks at Pure Ice were kind enough to send me this great glitter polish called “Freedom” which happens to be perfect for Memorial Day (and also for Fourth of July)! The polish is a great combination of red fine glitter mixed with small red circle glitters with small hexagonal bright blue glitters and larger silver star glitters. I wanted to do a quick and wearable red, white and blue theme for this Mani Monday 🙂
To achieve this look:
- Prepare your nails with a good base coat.
- Apply any silver nail polish. I used Orly “Shine” 2 coats.
- Let it dry completely before dabbing on “Freedom”. There are many ways to apply polish to achieve a gradient effect but for this look all you need to do is just dab and apply it until you build yourself a nice gradient effect.
- Pour a tiny bit out and get a star glitter with a orange cuticle stick or toothpick.
- Dab a blob of top coat and adhere the star where you want it.
- Repeat steps 4& 5 for all your nails- but again entirely up to you depending on how many star accented nails you want.
- Top off and seal with your favorite top coat.
Pure Ice nail enamels are available through www.pureicecosmetics.com and Walmart stores nationwide.
Twitter (@OfficialPureIce) and Instagram. Join the conversation by using the hashtag #PureIce
HereHere document – A here document (also called a here-document, a heredoc, a hereis, a here-string or a here-script) is a way of specifying a string literal in command line shells in… →